Wow what an amazing game! 5 out of 5 stars!
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Cytopia is a free, open source retro pixel-art city building game with a big focus on mods. It’s based on a custom isometric rendering engine based on SDL2.
Visit our Github page!
Current Key Features:
- Custom UI System, based on JSON. Highly moddable
- SDL2 based rendering engine written in C++
- Custom Isometric Engine
- Terrain manipulation
- Custom Pixel-art graphics made by our Graphics Artists
- JSON based tileData for easy modding
- A tile editor for adding new buildings, modifying existing ones
- Scripting language for mods (AngelScript)
- Procedural Terrain Generation
For code documentation see the projects Doxygen Documentation.
- Different zoom levels
- Relocate camera via rightclick
- Read settings from json files ( Filename to tile ID / Engine specific Settings )
- Terrain editing (raise / lower terrain)
Project Lead / Lead Developer
JimmySnails (Engine, UI, ...)
Cad'ika Orade (Procedural Terrain Generation)
adct23 (Engine, Audiosystem)
AnotherFoxGuy (BuildSystem, WebSite)
Ercadio (Engine, Unittests)
Kollix (TileData Editor)
Notakas (Engine, Gameplay)
Paragoumba (Engine, Gameplay)
utilForever (Code Reviews, Consulting)
Westrox (Engine, Gameplay)
Yukyduky (Engine, Gameplay)